5.19.2012

I hate double-posting, but you know what?  Fuck it.

Shit went down last night.  Not here, not even remotely close distance-wise, but very close emotionally.  A friend of mine lost someone close.  You know where I was?  Just drifting off to sleep, judging by the timestamp on the post.  While I was safe and sound, dreaming of electric sheep, people were fighting, and an entire world shattered.

I'm done.  I'm done being the guy who hides out in his house while other people are fighting for their lives and dying to protect the people they love.  I'm done being content with where I am all while people I know are worrying for their own safety.  I'm leaving here.  Soon.

I'd planned to stick around a few weeks after graduating, but that just doesn't cut it anymore.  I'm out of here in less than two weeks.  Everything I think I'll need is packed and ready to go, underneath my bed.  Yeah, cliched place to stick it, but I don't care.  No one goes looking under there, anyways.  Too much crap crammed in such a small space.

I know exactly where I'm going first.

Pittsburgh.

5 comments:

  1. Hate to break this to you, but what you described? "People fighting for their lives and dying to protect the people they love"? That happens every day somewhere on our big happy planet Earth. Don't get so worked up about it. You'll just throw your own life away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mean to sound callous, but the people dying on a daily basis aren't people I know. This was someone I knew.

      Delete
    2. And what will you going to them do to aid them? Moral support, I suppose? Oh, hey, that's a pun. Neat. Back to the point, you asked for martial arts advice only a couple of weeks ago, so you know full well you're not quite capable of defending yourself, let alone these friends of yours. While you might feel better if you run off to "help," nobody would really benefit.

      Delete
    3. I could help...somehow?

      You're right. Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK.

      Delete
  2. It would seem it's my turn to agree with Ben. You can do nothing for them. You're better off staying where you are.

    ReplyDelete