4.09.2012

Any writer will tell you that beginnings are hard.  This should be easy for me, especially after the last blog, but...  Well, if what you thought was just a game became horrifyingly real, I imagine you'd have a hard time starting up a blog without a second thought, too.

I guess I'll start out with myself:  [Moral], or just Moral.  Great name, I know, but I chose it for a few good reasons.

First and foremost, my story will end up having a moral to it.  What exactly it will be, I don't know; the lesson is usually most apparent at the end, and I'm in no rush to face the end.  If I had to make a guess, though, I'd assume the moral of my story will be "Don't start a 'Slenderblog' under the assumption everything's fake."  More on that later.

Second, and most obvious, I wanted to remind myself of my own moral code somehow, and choosing this username seemed as good a way as any.  In my situation, your own code is one of the only things you still have, and I don't want to lose any more than I already have.  Again, more on that in a later post.

Finally, it sounded cool to me.  ...which invariably means that it sounds lame to everyone else.  Might as well have chosen the name 'Lloyd' and been done with it.

But, I digress.  To sum up my introduction:  My name is [Moral], and I'll probably die tonight.

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment